Dessert – There are a range of wines that can be served with dessert and they are usually sweet. Sweet food needs sweeter wines to cope with the sugar otherwise the wine will taste flat and uninspiring. ‘Stickies’ or dessert wines are usually served in 375ml bottles and their honeyed marmalade flavours will complement lighter fruit based desserts. You will need the big guns of Liqueur Muscat or Port to match chocolate or other heavy desserts.
Wines for the Shopping Basket:
- Mount Horrocks Cordon Cut Riesling 08 $35 (375 ml)
- De Bortoli Noble One $36 (375 ml)
- Morris Liqueur Muscat $17 (500 ml)
- Frogmore Ice Riesling 07 $26 (375 ml)
- Brown Brothers Orange Flora Muscat 07 $12 (375 ml)
(Prices are for retail not restaurant and are indicative prices only)